FORTHCOMING COURSE DATES: Please contact SETA
This course will be structured to your requirements with Approval Testing carried out to your chosen Standard with technical information and assistance from our welding team as required.
The course objectives are to develop an individual’s practical skills, to enable them to reach the levels required by the chosen Standard ensuring a full understanding of the MMA welding process and the associated safety requirements.
- Safety as applied to Manual Metal Arc Welding.
- Principles of the MMA welding process.
- Electrode type, classification and selection.
- Amperage / Current setting for given electrode diameters.
- Use and explanations of AC and DC power sources.
- Joint designs and applications.
- Joint preparation.
- Weld Faults.
- Destructive and non-destructive test methods.
- Welder Approval Testing to the required Standard.
A range of joint configurations, welding positions and material thickness leading to Approval Testing to the required standard.
Course duration dependent on trainees competence and chosen Welding Standard.
As applicable to chosen Welding Standard
SETA, Millbrook, Southampton