WORKSHOP TASTER DAY
Saturday 20th January 2024
If you're thinking of a career in Engineering then our
Workshop Taster Day is for you!
When is it taking place?
Saturday 20th January 2024 between 10am and 2.30pm.
You can choose one of the following arrival times: 10am / 11am / 12pm / 1pm. Spaces are limited for each session, so make sure that you book your place sooner rather than later!
At the bottom of this page you will find the links to the registration forms.
Who should attend?
The event is aimed at young people that have an interest in finding out more about engineering. So ideally anyone in Years 10/ 11/ Sixth Form. But if you're older and would still like to find out more, you can also come along as well!
Anyone under 18 will need to be accompanied by an adult.
What can I do during the Taster Day?
You will be able to:
- find out what being an engineering apprentice actually involves
- chat to staff and current apprentices
- hear about current apprenticeship vacancies
- see what it's like doing practical training at SETA
- and the best bit - have a go at engineering activities* yourself in the workshop overseen by experienced instructors
Stay for the whole duration, or just for as long as you want!
Under 18's must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Computer Aided Design
- Sheet Metal work/spot welding
- Electrical Wiring
- Fluid Power
- Mechanical Fitting
- STEM Challenge Room
- Information on engineering apprenticeships
*activities may be subject to change
Due to the nature of the workshop and activities the following health & safety requirements must be followed:
- The workshop will be cold, so please make sure that you wear appropriate clothes
- Sturdy shoes must be worn by everyone entering the workshop (ie no sandals or flip flops).
- No bare arms or legs (no t-shirts or shorts)
Where's it taking place?
The Apprenticeship Centre, Southampton Engineering Training Association
First Avenue, Millbrook, Southampton, SO15 OLJ
How do I register?
Use the links below to register for an arrival time below. Places are limited for each session, and will book up quickly. Don't delay in booking your place. This will take you to a separate form to complete. For those under 18 this must be completed by an adult.
Once registered joining instructions will be e-mailed out to the e-mail address provided approximately one week ahead of the event.