FORTHCOMING COURSE DATES:
Courses are booked on a individual basis so please contact us for availability.
This course will be structured to your requirements with Approval Testing carried out to your chosen Standard and with technical information and assistance from our welding team as required.
The course objectives are to develop an individual’s practical skills, to enable them to reach the levels required by the chosen Standard ensuring a full understanding of the Oxy-Acetylene welding process and the associated safety requirements.
- Safety as applied to Oxy-Acetylene welding.
- Identification and safe handling of cylinders and all associated equipment.
- Principles of the Oxy-Acetylene welding process.
- Types of filler wire and their applications.
- Correct lighting up and shutting down procedures.
- Correct nozzle selection and flame setting.
- Joint designs application and preparation.
- Use of fluxes and their applications.
- Weld fault investigation and rectification.
- Destructive and non-destructive test methods.
- Welder Approval Testing to the required Standard.
A range of joint configurations, welding positions and material thickness leading to Approval Testing to the required standard.
Course duration dependent on trainees competence and chosen Welding Standard.
As applicable to chosen Welding Standard.
SETA, Millbrook, Southampton