FORTHCOMING COURSE DATES:
8-11 March 2021
More dates being scheduled, please call for further details
This brand new course will address the requirements of the Responsible Person as laid down in IEC Standard 60079 Parts 14 & 17. These are persons responsible for the process involved in the installation, inspection, and maintenance of explosion protected equipment.
- Appropriate Legal Requirements
- Application of relevant standards
- Requirements of 60079-14 - Annex A "Knowledge, skills and competencies"
- Requirements of 60079-17 - Annex B "Knowledge, skills and competencies"
- Ignition sources
- Practical understanding of explosion protection principles and techniques
- Working knowledge and understanding of relevant standards in explosion protection such as IEC 60079 Parts 10-1; 10-2; 14, 17
- Safe working procedures for explosive atmospheres
- Inspection and Remedial Action Strategy
- Qualitative Analysis for periodic inspections as detailed in Annex A of 60079-17
- Simple quantitative methodology for the prioritisation of remedial actions
- Competency criteria and assessment for persons undertaking installation, maintenance and inspection activities.
- Overview of IEC 60079-19 - repair
SETA, Millbrook, Southampton
"Jon was extremely knowledgeable and delivered the course to a high standard"
"Course similar to foundation. Good examples of inspection equipment. Heavy going, but good course. Good presentation of a difficult and broad subject"
"Jon was a very knowledgeable tutor"