FORTHCOMING COURSE DATES:
A waiting list is currently being taken for this course while we schedule some new dates. These dates will be in-line with the national evening exams.
City & Guilds set a final date for registrations ahead of the course or Evening Exam taking place. Bookings will not be taken past these dates.
This qualification is intended for personnel in electrical contracting companies who have responsibility for the quality of the design, specification, installation and testing process. It addresses, in particular, the implications of the Wiring Regulations for Electrical Installations.
- Statutory and non-statutory requirements relating to electrical design, construction management and verification
- The electrical installation design, construction and commissioning process
- Fundamental principles for the design and installation of protective systems
- BS 7671 requirements relating to electrical installation design
- Choice of sources and environmental technologies in electrical installation design
- Design and verification procedures for single and poly-phase electrical installations
Assessment for this qualification consists of an evening exam and a candidate portfolio. As a guideline, it is estimated the portfolio will require approximately 40 hours of ‘self-study’ and tutorials to support portfolio building can be arranged with the course tutor. There is an additional fee for tutorials.
Five day course + evening exam and tutorials as required (additional fee for tutorials)
COURSE BOOKS REQUIRED - available to purchase from SETA
~ IEE Wiring Regulations 18th Edition
~ Guidance Note 3
~ On-Site Guide
~ Installation Design Guide
Please note, bookings made less than four weeks before the course start date may incur a late registration fee, due to City + Guilds registration requirements.