FORTHCOMING COURSE DATES:
16-18 June - limited spaces
28-30 June - limited spaces
This course is intended for experienced electricians and installers who are looking to enhance their current skillset to allow them to install domestic, commercial and “on street” vehicle charging points. You will be able to complete risk assessments, pre & post installation checklists, and safely install, inspect, and test any electric vehicle charging device.
1. Introduction to Electric Vehicles & Electric Vehicle types
2. Characteristics, charging requirements, safety considerations
3. Overview of Electric Vehicle charging
4 modes of Electric Vehicle charging
Advantages/disadvantages of each
4. Electrical Installation Requirements
5. Explosive Atmospheres
Installing/inspecting/testing on petrol forecourts
6. Pre & post installation checklists
Please note you will require a copy of the Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation. This is available to purchase from SETA should you wish to.
There are no FORMAL entry requirements for this qualification, however we do expect you to meet the following:
- Minimum age 18 years old (mandatory)
- Must be able to demonstrate the following competencies
- Be able to correctly install and terminate: pvc/pvc cable (twin and earth) and Steel Wire armoured cable (swa)
- Be able to carry out an initial verification (inspection & testing) on an electrical installation and complete the necessary paperwork.
Note: These competencies are required for the assessment and are not taught as part of the course.
It is recommended that you are up to date with your wiring regulations (18th Edition).
The following assessments will be required for this qualification:
- Design Assessment for a Commercial installation
- Design Assessment for a Domestic installation
- Practical Installation Assessment - Understand and carry out inspection, testing, commissioning and handover of Electric Vehicle charging equipment
- Fault Finding
- Online Multi-Choice Exam