FORTHCOMING COURSE DATES:
31 January – 4 February
28 February – 4 March
28 March – 1 April
25 April – 29 April
A revision course, exclusively developed and delivered by SETA, for candidates who wish to sit the full AM2 / AM2s assessment. This course is offered over a two day period. The first day is classroom based, and the second day is workshop based. By running the course across two days candidates are more confident going into the AM2 assessment, and statistically have a higher pass rate.
COURSE CONTENT - Day 1
A classroom based session covering:
- Safe isolation procedure for single and 3 phase circuits and supplies
- SY glands/terminations
- SWA glands/terminations
- 3 phase DOL motor circuit
- Domestic lighting and power circuits
- FP cable and safety circuits
- Wiring in conduit and trunking
- Inspection and testing to BS7671 and Guidance Note 3
- Completion of test certificates
- Testing/fault finding procedures using KT63 test equipment
COURSE CONTENT - Day 2
A workshop based practical session covering:
- Testing of a 3 phase distribution board in accordance with Guidance Note 3
- Continuity and insulation resistance tests using KT63 test equipment
- Measuring Ze and PFC using KT63 test equipment
- Testing and confirming RCD disconnection times
- Interpreting Zs values from tables/charts in the On-Site-Guide
- Completing inspection test certificates for new installations
Two days (please note these may not be consecutive days for safety reasons)
"Excellent course. Everything covered"
"SETA could not do anything more to improve its COVID-19 procedures"
"Social distancing is done to the best possible situation"
To find out more about the AM2 / AM2s Preparation Course, to check availability or to book , please contact the AM2 Administrator:
You can also request a call back to find out more about the assessments.
Please note that this course has been developed exclusively by SETA, and is not affiliated or endorsed by NET.