FORTHCOMING COURSE DATES:
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
SETA is able to offer bespoke Manual Milling Courses in our workshop. Contact us to discuss your individual requirements as courses are tailored to suit your needs. As our workshop is very busy, we will accommodate adult courses when the apprentices are not using the facility.
Below you will find a sample of contents that can be covered during a course.
• Selecting machine tool appropriate to the operation
• Vertical machines with up at least 36ins beds
• Selecting & checking for defects and mounting cutting tools
• Preparing machine and adjusting ready for operation including correct use of:
Machine controls to include those that:
Isolate the supply, stop/start, change speeds, hand feed Adjust table height, set feeds, and operate power feed Operate rapid power feed, control coolant flow (where appropriate) Set trips and lock slides
• Securing workpieces ready for machining
• Workholding devices to include: Machine vices, table clamps, T-bolts and angle plates
• Using vertical milling machines to produce horizontal, vertical and angular faces and slots
• Using a range of measuring equipment
SETA, Millbrook, Southampton