FORTHCOMING COURSE DATES:
Courses are booked on a individual basis so please contact us for availability.
This course will be structured to your requirements. Technical information and assistance will be provided by our welding team as required.
The course objectives are to develop an individual’s practical skills, ensuring a full understanding of the Oxy-Fuel Gas Cutting Gouging and Heating process and the associated safety requirements.
- Safety as applied to Oxy-Fuel Cutting Gouging and Heating.
- Identification and safe handling of cylinders and all associated equipment.
- Principles of the Oxy- Fuel Cutting Gouging and Heating.
- Correct lighting up and shutting down procedures.
- Correct nozzle selection and flame setting for a given thickness.
- Straight-line Cutting, Chamfering, Hole Piercing, Removing Rivets, Nuts, Bolts and Cutting Circles, Using Trammels.
- Flame Gouging and Pre-Heating.
- All practical training carried out using both Oxy-Acetylene and Oxy-Propane processes.
- Question Paper on the Safe Use and Operation of Oxy-Fuel Gas Equipment.
A range of material types, plate, pipe, round bar and RSJ section in a range of thickness from 6mm to 40mm.
Dependent upon trainees competence and previous experience.
SETA, Millbrook, Southampton