What can SETA offer?
SETA can support you at every stage of the apprenticeship process
Working with you we can provide support from your recruitment strategy to find applicants for your vacancies, through to the End Point Assessment at the end of the apprenticeship.
- Initial discussions on the apprentice role
- Help selecting the right engineering apprenticeship standard that will best suit your company and the apprentice role.
- This includes free technical advice and help choosing the units that will make up the workshop'off-the-job' training units to be taught at our Apprenticeship Centre
- Support and guidance with the Digital Apprenticeship Service, and the necessary paperwork!
- Once this has been established and you are ready to advertise, in addition to your own advertising we will help promote through our own social media channels, website and out to schools and colleges.
- Our dedicated Engagement Team work closely with local schools, colleges and training providers, as well as other stakeholders including the Careers & Enterprise Company and the Solent Local Economic Partnership (LEP) to promote engineering apprenticeships and the live vacancies.
- All engineering apprenticeships require applicants to have GCSEs in Maths, English and ideally a Science subject. These need to be at a grade 4 or above (Grade C or above, and can be predicted or attained).
- Applicants meeting this requirement are then invited to an Aptitude Test to establish the calibre and potential of these individuals.
- We will then work with you to short-list any number of candidates to you, according to your own criteria, for you to interview and recruit.
- We offer Mentor Training to employers to ensure that you are offering your apprentices the support they need to succeed and thrive within your business.
- SETA delivers both Level 3 BTEC and Level 4 HNC Technical Certificates in General Engineering in house, so that your apprentices do not have to attend another provider.
- You will be assigned one of our team of industry-experienced Mentors who will follow the apprentice throughout their Apprenticeship, providing a regular point of contact for technical advice, assistance and pastoral support as required.
- Towards the end of the apprenticeship, we provide support and guidance on the run up to the End Point Assessment (EPA).