FORTHCOMING COURSE DATES: Please contact SETA
This course will be structured to your requirements with Approval Testing carried out to your chosen Standard and with technical information and assistance from our welding team as required.
The course objectives are to develop an individual’s practical skills, to enable them to reach the levels required by the chosen Standard ensuring a full understanding of the MAG welding process and the associated safety requirements.
- Safety as applied to Metal Active Gas Shielded Welding.
- Principles of the MAG welding process inc Synergic.
- Identification of controls, Voltage, Amperage and inductance settings.
- Types of metal transfer (Dip, Spray, Pulse etc.) and their application.
- Types of filler wire and their applications.
- Identification of shielding gases and their application.
- Joint designs application and preparation.
- Weld fault investigation and rectification.
- Destructive and non-destructive test methods.
- Welder Approval Testing to the required Standard.
A range of joint configurations, welding positions and material thickness leading to Approval Testing to the required standard.
Course duration dependent on trainees competence and chosen Welding Standard.
As applicable to chosen Welding Standard
SETA, Millbrook, Southampton