FORTHCOMING COURSE DATES: Please contact SETA
This course will be structured to your requirements with Approval Testing carried out to your chosen Standard and with technical information and assistance from our welding team as required.
The course objectives are to develop an individual’s practical skills, to enable them to reach the levels required by the chosen Standard ensuring a full understanding of the Brazing and Silver Soldering process using Oxy-Acetylene equipment and all the associated safety requirements.
- Safety as applied to Oxy-Fuel Gas equipment.
- Identification and safe handling of cylinders and associated equipment.
- Correct lighting up and shutting down procedures.
- Principles of Brazing and Silver Soldering process.
- Types of filler wire and their applications.
- Correct nozzle selection and flame setting.
- Joint designs application and preparation.
- Correct use of fluxes and their applications.
- Fault investigation and rectification.
- Destructive and non-destructive test methods.
- Welder Approval Testing to the required Standard.
Course duration dependent on trainees competence and chosen Welding Standard.
As applicable to chosen Standard.
SETA, Millbrook, Southampton