FORTHCOMING COURSE DATES:
17-20 June 2019 - 4 Spaces
This brand new course will address the requirements of the Responsible Person as laid down in IEC Standard 60079 Parts 14 & 17. These are persons responsible for the process involved in the installation, inspection, and maintenance of explosion protected equipment.
- Appropriate Legal Requirements
- Application of relevant standards
- Requirements of 60079-14 - Annex A "Knowledge, skills and competencies"
- Requirements of 60079-17 - Annex B "Knowledge, skills and competencies"
- Ignition sources
- Practical understanding of explosion protection principles and techniques
- Working knowledge and understanding of relevant standards in explosion protection such as IEC 60079 Parts 10-1; 10-2; 14, 17
- Safe working procedures for explosive atmospheres
- Inspection and Remedial Action Strategy
- Qualitative Analysis for periodic inspections as detailed in Annex A of 60079-17
- Simple quantitative methodology for the prioritisation of remedial actions
- Competency criteria and assessment for persons undertaking installation, maintenance and inspection activities.
- Overview of IEC 60079-19 - repair
SETA, Millbrook, Southampton